-
KDM Slow to login/logout
Greetings!
I have just installed the 11-14-03 Rev 3.3 release to my hard drive, and everything works fine except for the login logout process. When X comes up, I get the cursor on the screen and then there is a 1 to 2 minute wait before the login window and background appear. During this time the hard disk light is on. I switched to a console and TOP shows that kdm_greeter is using about 25 to 30 % memory while this is going on, and its at the top of the processes list. This same delay occurs when logging off.
I would like to keep Knoppix on my PC, everything else works great.
Any suggestions or help, mucho appreciated
-
I'm having the same problem with 11-19 release. I read something about dma not enabled can make it slow but /sbin/hdparm shows dma as enabled. so I don't know about that. did you ever get your problem fixed?
Similar Threads
-
By chain in forum General Support
Replies: 26
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 03:16 AM
-
By heathenx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 01:11 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2003, 07:21 PM
-
By viet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By ariszlo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

ORICO 4 Bay RAID Drive Enclosure - Upgraded JMS591 Chip - USB 3.2 Gen2x2 20Gbps
$279.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00