I'm having the same problem with 11-19 release. I read something about dma not enabled can make it slow but /sbin/hdparm shows dma as enabled. so I don't know about that. did you ever get your problem fixed?
Greetings!
I have just installed the 11-14-03 Rev 3.3 release to my hard drive, and everything works fine except for the login logout process. When X comes up, I get the cursor on the screen and then there is a 1 to 2 minute wait before the login window and background appear. During this time the hard disk light is on. I switched to a console and TOP shows that kdm_greeter is using about 25 to 30 % memory while this is going on, and its at the top of the processes list. This same delay occurs when logging off.
I would like to keep Knoppix on my PC, everything else works great.
Any suggestions or help, mucho appreciated![]()
I'm having the same problem with 11-19 release. I read something about dma not enabled can make it slow but /sbin/hdparm shows dma as enabled. so I don't know about that. did you ever get your problem fixed?

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70