Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: westell Modem duel connect in usb not working..

  1. #1

    westell Modem duel connect in usb not working..

    Hi, Im new to this modem and I have only used knoppix a few times.. When I start I see that it says something about hotplug usb ok but my modems usb light never lights up. When I look at the usb viewer it says usb westell wirespeed modem this text is red and it shows my sidewinder force feedback wheel in black. When I go to the dsl/pppoe tool It dont show my modem. I hit no and looked in there but I cant find a module for the modem. Would someone know what I need to do Im really lost.. Thanks

    I got some more info when I boot i see this after the hotplug is enabled
    auto config devices insmod: a module named acm already exist
    insmod/lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/usb/acm.0 failed
    insmod acm failed

    I just ripped out the lan card and old 56 modem and unhooked all usb devices with just the dsl modem and I went to pppoe connection setup and nothing was there( said it cant find the network card).. So what do I need to load this and tell it thats it connects useing the usb not the network card? it shows the modem in usb viewer with all the correct info but its in red. Also the above acm problem is still there..

    Yes Ive read the documentation on this site..

  2. #2
    Thanks for all the help .. I never did get it to work in usb..
    Here is a cheap fix for others.. Get a second network card and plug the modem into it and everything will work fine..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 10:59 AM
  2. Westell Wirespeed with USB connection not detecting
    By Arcane in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 01:08 AM
  3. Modem Dials, Won't connect
    By Dr Snark in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 12:48 AM
  4. modem not connect
    By jammers in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 02:13 AM
  5. Unable to connect my cable modem
    By rajivvyas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 11:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2 picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2

$32.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch picture

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch

$700.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99