View Poll Results: Book or no book, just the Web?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Book (Hell YES)?

    2 100.00%
  • Web (Save the Trees)?

    0 0%
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Debian Linux Book?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    12

    Debian Linux Book?

    Ok I am convinced I am going to do a Knoppix Install on my system. I am going to have 3 hard drives one XPpro one Knoppix one data. And because I want to do things the right way I want to get a book that deal with Debian. The books that I have seen do not seem to cut it for anyone Debian GNU/Linux Bible http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books and Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books. Running Linux (3rd Edition) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...773729-0994251 is the front runner for right now but if any one has a better idea I am all for it.
    Oh and I am newbe to boot.

    Dave Bechtel I have seen your posts all over the place and your input would be most helpful.

    P.S.
    The Poll is just an after thought.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Debian Linux Book?

    --Thanks! Wish I could be of more help regarding a book choice, but I learned most everything online. However, any of the "Unleashed" books should be a good option to start with. Anything by O'Reilly comes highly recommended as well.

    --Even though you can find lots of stuff online, the books will come in handy as a Reference when you need it NOW. O'Reilly's "Learning the BASH Shell" has paid for itself in my case time after time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neb00
    Ok I am convinced I am going to do a Knoppix Install on my system. I am going to have 3 hard drives one XPpro one Knoppix one data. And because I want to do things the right way I want to get a book that deal with Debian. The books that I have seen do not seem to cut it for anyone Debian GNU/Linux Bible http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books and Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books. Running Linux (3rd Edition) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...773729-0994251 is the front runner for right now but if any one has a better idea I am all for it.
    Oh and I am newbe to boot.

    Dave Bechtel I have seen your posts all over the place and your input would be most helpful.

    P.S.
    The Poll is just an after thought.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 09:57 PM
  2. Why Linux? Why Debian?
    By aay in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 05:21 AM
  3. What book for a Linux Beginner
    By cwolf in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 04:01 AM
  4. Book On Knoppix for Linux Newbies Published
    By beforewisdom in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 07:01 PM
  5. Book for Linux Newbies Explains Knoppix
    By beforewisdom in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module picture

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module

$66.31



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99