-
GRUB ignoring cheatcodes?
I am attempting to run knoppix on a toshiba tablet pc. i have windows xp installed and I'm using GRUB to run Knoppix from the hard drive since it won't boot from the PCMCIA-CD drive. I got it to work by putting the bootfloppy files onto the partition where knoppix lives.
When Knoppix boots, it gets a little way through - recognizes the processor - then says:
PCMCIA found, starting cardmgr
cardmgr[391]: starting, version is 3.2.2
blah, blah
modprobe: Can't locate module memory_cs
blah, blah
Then it hangs.
So I attempted to use the nopcmcia cheatcode, but it doesn't seem to stop the "PCMCIA found, starting cardmgr" stuff. It hangs every time.
Here is my GRUB entry - am I doing something wrong? Why does cardmgr still attempt to run?
root (hd0,1)
kernel /vmlinuz nopcmcia
initrd /miniroot.gz
Note - I've also tried using the failsafe and expert cheatcodes, but they don't seem to do anything different either. Am I not formatting the cheatcodes correctly for grub?
Similar Threads
-
By AndersonSS in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:00 PM
-
By brentmid in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 02:56 PM
-
By larryks in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-09-2003, 12:43 PM
-
By George Wiedmann in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 05:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$195.00

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00