-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knopixx 3.1 questions
--Factory Zip disks all have partition 4 (/dev/sda4) - try that. You can verify with root ' fdisk -l /dev/sda '.
--If you're at all worried about data integrity, BACK UP 1st. IMHO you'll be better off w/o NTFS.
--You can also order a new version of Knoppix on the web, there are several vendors. Here's a cheapbytes link, Knoppix is near the bottom.
http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart

Originally Posted by
agency
I have knopixx 3.1 and would like to hook up my iomege 100 zip drive. If I click on the icon by the clock, which brings up the mount things,
and then select hda/sda; I get a message saying that it was unable to determine the filesystem or something similiar. How do I hook this up and then save whatever files I need to preserve this onto the zip drive?
btw...I have WinXP with ntfs, so I need to use the zip for storage. Is it dangerous to convert ntfs to fat 32 -I have partition magic, but I'm still a bit worried about losing a lot data.
I have 56k -so it's not possible to get the new one at the moment.
Also, I have a question about setting up a winmodem, but I'll wait until this gets answered.
Thanks.

Similar Threads
-
By tycapel7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
-
By Liquidant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By jshah329 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
-
By bulio in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 05:30 PM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00