Need to use the nVidia-supplied drivers. The default drivers in XFree86 set the refresh rate too high.
You *might* try setting the fresh rate to 60Hz at the KNOPPIX boot prompt (i.e., use the appropriate cheatcode).
-SUO
I'm using the latest version of Knoopix. Date 19-11-03
When I start everything looks fine. But when X starts my screen goes blank.
My Screen is connectet with the DVI Port. When I connect the screen with the d-sub, x starts without problems.
Any idea to resolve this problem?
Need to use the nVidia-supplied drivers. The default drivers in XFree86 set the refresh rate too high.
You *might* try setting the fresh rate to 60Hz at the KNOPPIX boot prompt (i.e., use the appropriate cheatcode).
-SUO
I have the same problem with my Fx5600.
I recently switched my primary monitor to my DVI port because the output was better in windows, with my second monitor on VGA.
Knoppix cannot detect the monitor on DVI, as soon as I boot into knoppix, the monitor goes into suspend mode. This is using 3.3 02-09-2004.
Originally Posted by Melfice
At the boot screen, type fb(screen resolution) vysnc=60
ie: fb1280x1024 vsync=60
This is what works for me. Also, if you do this to boot from cd and then do a hard drive install, the setting carries over to the install.
-Bob

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla
$500.00
1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00