Sure they only support windows. That doesn't mean it won't work in linux if you have a wireless PPPoE router and wireles network cards that knoppix has drivers for.
Has anyone got the verizon wireless internet service to work under debian/knoppix? Its a great deal on $79.99 for unlimited data. I was wondering if we have support for it on Linux. The customer service guys told me they support only windoz.![]()
Sure they only support windows. That doesn't mean it won't work in linux if you have a wireless PPPoE router and wireles network cards that knoppix has drivers for.
I believe he is referring to the wireless service Verizon provides through the cell phone. The phone acts as the modem, connected to the PC through a USB cable. It offers (supposedly) 75Kb+, but is not available in all areas.
I almost considered this, because I live in an area that the cable company has been promising to service for the past 10+ years. As far as dial-up, there is only one choice that is local... Fortunately, Verizon came alone with DSL. Now, I'm happy!
Steve

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$32.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Apple MAC SE/30 Computer M5119, Vintage, Logic & Analog boards + PSU Recapped
$800.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00
1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla
$500.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00
vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$29.99