Ok, here is my dilema...
I am rolling my own KNOPPIX CD and most of it has gone well except for the fact that Fluxbox refuses to retain settings when I burn a master. I have created my own menu file and have placed it in ~/.fluxbox. I can chroot into the source tree before I burn it down, and Xnest to check that the settings are right... and everything works great! The problem occurs when I actually burn and boot to the CD. All of my custom settings are GONE.
When I boot to the CD, I check df and it shows the different mounted filesystems. When I look closer the problem is apparent but I am not too sure how to fix it...
The /KNOPPIX mount reflects the proper .fluxbox directory and subsequent customized menu file. The / mount and home dir (where I assume fluxbox is pulling it's settings) contains all of the default Fluxbox stuff.
Anyone have any ideas for me to try? I am at wits endTIA
best
_MP

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Axiom 10Gbs Dual Port SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 NIC Card for Synology - E10G17-F2
$456.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99