Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: vga screen?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    vga screen?

    I've been trying to execute Knoppix 3.3 from CD. I wrote knoppix screen=1024x768 but when it starts, I saw a black square and in the middle my screen of knoppix.

    any idea?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: vga screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiber
    I've been trying to execute Knoppix 3.3 from CD. I wrote knoppix screen=1024x768 but when it starts, I saw a black square and in the middle my screen of knoppix.

    any idea?
    Try adding vga=normal to the cheat codes you are using when you boot and maybe the noddc code as well. BTW some information on the hardware in the machine would make it easier to help you.

  3. #3

    I'm having the same problem

    Hi,

    I'm having the same problem. My KDE desktop is being displayed inside a small box in the middle of my screen with a black border almost an inch wide round the outside.

    I tried the vga=normal and noddc cheat codes but it didn't make any difference. I'm using knoppix 3.3 and booting from the cd with cheat codes
    knoppix myconfig=scan home=scan vga=normal screen=1024x768 noddc

    I tried changing the resolution with ctrl+shift+nu0 + but the resolution only changed inside the small displayed square on my screen not the entire screen.

    I'm using a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501 laptop. The specs are here
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Toshiba_Sate...9.html?tag=dir

    Any help would be much appriciated.

    Thanks,

    Peter Gordon
    [email protected]

Similar Threads

  1. turning off screen saver / blanking at login screen
    By metavoid in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
  2. Screen Res?
    By Junfriot in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 02:09 PM
  3. KDE Login Screen
    By evermore in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 08:44 PM
  4. Black Screen after boot screen
    By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
  5. Screen off-set
    By Dickey Peterson in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 06:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$594.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



4x Various Brands 8.5

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"

$24.99



Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981 picture

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981

$199.99



Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art picture

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art

$225.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500 B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500 B5000

$94.95



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Adjustable Rolling Computer Cart, Mobile Standing Workstation, Mobile Cart picture

Adjustable Rolling Computer Cart, Mobile Standing Workstation, Mobile Cart

$211.28