Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Apt alternate servers?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    25

    Apt alternate servers?

    I can't find the knoppix default repository people.debian.org for some reason (maybe something to do with Debian being cracked?). I'm wondering if anyone knows any alternate sites -- preferably sites that won't break anything in Knoppix.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    You can adapt your /etc/apt/sources.list and use one of the many mirrors.

  3. #3
    I have the same problem, except when I remove people.debian.org from sources.list apt-get still requests info from people.debian.org. I am wondering if there are any special steps necessary to change sources.list?
    luke

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    41
    same thing myself, but what I have done (at least for now) ..

    no need to eb hasty and REMOVE the references to people.debian.org, I'm hoping they'll come back up so I just commented them out

    ran apt-get update again which goes through fine, but I am bumming until these people sites come back up

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    25
    I also commented them out.

    Running "apt-get update" worked like a charm for me, capt_obvious.

Similar Threads

  1. How to set alternate printer driver selection ?
    By rcs in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 02:33 PM
  2. Multiple Servers
    By hernan in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 02:27 AM
  3. KDE - no list of alternate desktops at login
    By beforewisdom in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 02:45 AM
  4. servers $ thinclients
    By dougvega in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 03:00 PM
  5. Poor mans install - Alternate location possible?
    By rf_homer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 04:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99