-
cant get knoppix going on my toshiba satelite 2400
I cant get eny of the knoppix going on my satelite can it ba because it sais that it is designed for windows xp.I can atleased get it to boot up on my desk top but its not right, it find all the driver but when the main screen comes up its all blurrey.how can i get it to boot up on my laptop. the primary boot drive is already set to the cd what am i doing rong
please help
-
Try and see where it hangs up at during the boot sequence. I have a Toshiba Satellite of some sort that came with XP, and I know I had to disable SCSI for it to work. What I did was at bootup type:
knoppix noscsi nosmp
And that worked for me. I'm not sure if the nosmp did anything, but I know mine was hanging up when it searched for SCSI drives and I found this searching the forums.
Similar Threads
-
By s-m-n in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 06:27 PM
-
By tomdelarosa in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By fritschi in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By mike12 in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 04:27 AM
-
By jeeves in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00