-
Junior Member
registered user
Sound
Hi all,
One problem I'm having with knoppix is sound. My sound works but what annoys me is that for example if I have real player running and playing a song, and I open xine for example and play another song, i'll get an error. device busy or something like that. I can run gaim and have sound on and run a song at the same time. its annoying, there probably is a solution for it I hope to make the sound drivers dynamic.
some times i have to restart my computer or use the knoppix sound card detection to reset the card.
Please help
Any way thank you all for your help
-
Senior Member
registered user
What you need is enable full duplex (assuming you have a card that supports this). See if you can adjust your settings in the Kcontrol center to allow for this.
BTW, if your sound card gets locked up, try this:
Issue either of the following command
/bin/fuser -v /dev/dsp
Your shell should then be able to see which process/program is locking up your sound card and you can kill it.
For example, I just ran this while I was running xmms.
Here's the output:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/dsp knoppix 11504 f.... xmms
knoppix 11505 f.... xmms
knoppix 11506 f.... xmms
knoppix 11508 f.... xmms
knoppix 11511 f.... xmms
knoppix 11512 f.... xmms
I could then kill the offending process like this:
killall xmms
If you have a process that won't seem to die, then add the -9 option like this:
killall -9 xmms
Of course youmay also kill by PID
killall -9 11504
Hope this helps
Similar Threads
-
By saxguy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
-
By frank34 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 40
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

*Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3 Network Security Firewall Appliance* Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3
$64.99

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Sophos SG 135 Rev.3 Firewall Router -Atom C3558 6GB RAM 64GB SSD OPNsense 8x NIC
$195.00

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00