Setup: Sony PCG-NV190 running Knoppix Live CD 3.3, cabled connection to Linksys router. Libretto L5W *trying to connect* via Remote Terminal (PXE Boot ROM and Realtek 8139 LAN), cabled connection to Linksys router.
My goal is to do a full network install of a Linux distribution onto my Libretto. I would like to install Knoppix 3.2 (STD), but am also considering Redhat and SUSE. I start Knoppix normally and configure my network settings. Then I configure and start the remote terminal. Once everything is going, I start my Libretto and have it boot from LAN.
Aside from some display issues, the booting seems to hang with DHCP broadcast. I get an error message that there is no response from the network. When I run ifconfig, it appears that the Libretto didn't pick up the IP number from the DHCP server started with the RT. I've changed the broadcast address several times and used DHCP from the router, no luck. Am I missing something here?

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00
Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99