Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: VPC and saving settings on Virtual HD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    VPC and saving settings on Virtual HD

    I boot from the knoppix 3.3 iso, inside Virtual PC 5.2. Everything goes perfect. I get to the KDE desktop. Now I have a Virtual HD 256 MB. It was meant only to store temporary files, home directory, and Live CD settings for future boot ups.

    I am able to work in the KDE desktop, use any app, everything works fine. Now to the Problem I am having. I have an NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 card. Sony CPD G220 Monitor. Those are both listed under card/monitor lists. The KDE desktop is in 8 bit color. I modify the settings so that it has the correct card/monitor. I also set it up to run in 1024x786 @ 24b.
    I save the settings on /dev/hda1, which is an ext2 fs partition. I have created a home directory on /hda1. I have saved all my settings to it, as well as the default 30 MB Image of the home directory. To make it short, I have saved my settings without a problem. I can see the files on the disk.

    Now I reboot for the changes to take effect. I type on Boot: knoppix myconfig=scan knoppix home=scan, and during the boot process it tells me of my video configuration it is using, and guess what, my settings don't get loaded. I tried saving on a floppy as well, no luck. What am I doing wrong. VPC works fine and Knoppix works fine except for this problem. When the KDE Desktop loads, it is again, in 8 bit color with a small resolution.

    I could definitely use some help on the matter. Why do my settings not load. I so far have tried
    knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda1
    knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
    knoppix myconfig=scan

    Please help me make it work.
    Thank you for reading this far.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4
    format the harddrive virual pc created, with ext3 or fat32 and then itll work

Similar Threads

  1. saving settings
    By ozgurgerilla in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 11:00 AM
  2. saving settings
    By punkpaddy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
  3. saving settings
    By ankit in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 03:23 AM
  4. Aumix not saving settings?
    By JockVSJock in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 06:11 PM
  5. Saving settings to a URL?
    By true1ever in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 02:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$20.70



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99