Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix with Arabic Language

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9

    Knoppix with Arabic Language

    Does KNOPPIX come with Arabic as an available language.

    I have a user group in GA and a user is doing some work for a friend of his who is a missionary to a arabic speaking country.

    He's currently using RH and I'm trying to get him to change over to Debian. Knoppix is my port of choice and I need some help with this one.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ozark Mts, USA
    Posts
    33

    Re: Knoppix with Arabic Language

    Quote Originally Posted by awreneau
    Does KNOPPIX come with Arabic as an available language.

    I have a user group in GA and a user is doing some work for a friend of his who is a missionary to a arabic speaking country.

    He's currently using RH and I'm trying to get him to change over to Debian. Knoppix is my port of choice and I need some help with this one.
    Go to DistroWatch and check Arabbix. I've downloaded and burned a copy. Looks like what you want. Good luck!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ozark Mts, USA
    Posts
    33

    Re: Knoppix with Arabic Language

    Quote Originally Posted by awreneau
    Does KNOPPIX come with Arabic as an available language.

    I have a user group in GA and a user is doing some work for a friend of his who is a missionary to a arabic speaking country.

    He's currently using RH and I'm trying to get him to change over to Debian. Knoppix is my port of choice and I need some help with this one.
    Go to DistroWatch and check Arabbix. I've downloaded and burned a copy. Looks like what you want. Good luck!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9
    Thanks so much, that is exactly what I"m looking for.

Similar Threads

  1. keyboard language different from console language?
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
  2. Knoppix language problems
    By jammin in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 12:56 AM
  3. Arabic Fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 07:55 AM
  4. Need help adding Arabic language boot option
    By anmar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 11:13 PM
  5. Adding Arabic fonts to KNOPPIX
    By aratux in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00