-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
OK, first I thought it was a RAM problem due to the BIOS setting, but when I switched back to 1MB, 640x480x16 works ok.
Then I thought it was a defective Monitor as the whole lab has the exact same hardware and the exact same install (knoppix-installer as debian 20031119). So I swaped monitors with a working station and got the same blinking lights and no video again.
Then in kxconfig I changed from a generic/i810 card to an intel/i810 card and changed the Xres to 1024x768. After rebooting I get the same problem, but the output worked fine on my LCD projector! the generic seting does too.
So, I find that the problem is the wrong monitor default in kcontrol (ie: kxconfig). On all the other PCs it defaults to dell/della000. On this PC, the dell monitors listed are all different so it defaulted to monitor0/monitor0???
BTW, its really a Dell E551 monitor. I'm reinstalling the whole knoppix partition right now in hopes of correcting the incorrect monitor data....
Any other suggestions are welcome!
TIA,
AJG
If you have the proper horizontal and vertical settings for the monitor then you do not the Load "ddc" that is most likely in the file and may be causing problems by detecting the monitor wrong so comment that line out in your XF86Config-4 and make sure of the setings and restart the xserver and see if that helps.
Similar Threads
-
By kq9j in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
-
By 5thelephant in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM
-
By ozlad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:34 PM
-
By digiSal in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 08:34 PM
-
By jhtvdv in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00