Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: windows key

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51

    windows key

    Anyone know how I can get my useless windows key to work (like it does in Windows)?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

    you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.

    I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

    you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.

    I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..
    I use that exact shortcut combination to popup the menu, when opening the Keyboard shortcuts look for the Panel option then Popup Launch Menu and add a combination as the alternative to the already existing ALT + F1 that is there. You could try using it as a single key but I recall having problems with it not wanting to add a single key it wanted combinations.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51
    Thanks for the replies...

    Though I think I have tried it that way before (unsuccessfully) some time ago, I'll give it another go (tonight, when I get home).

Similar Threads

  1. windows
    By fab1976 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:10 PM
  2. How to install WINDOWS 2000 besides LINUX and WINDOWS 98
    By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2 picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2

$32.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch picture

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch

$700.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99