Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: knopix-installer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    knopix-installer

    I can only find knx-hdinstall on the cd, where is knoppix-installer ?
    Thx for your help .

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    /usr/sbin/knoppix-installer

  3. #3
    That doesn't work for me. Nothing happens.. I'm running it from Konquerer, and I tried logging in as root but when I logout it like.. restarts . Any suggestions?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by restin256
    That doesn't work for me. Nothing happens.. I'm running it from Konquerer, and I tried logging in as root but when I logout it like.. restarts . Any suggestions?
    When running from the CD you would open a console window and sudo knoppix-installer and then follow the instructions to install to the HD. If this does not work could you post back with a few more details eg. steps taken, what you typed in, it helps us to help you to have as many details as possible.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by restin256
    That doesn't work for me. Nothing happens.. I'm running it from Konquerer, and I tried logging in as root but when I logout it like.. restarts . Any suggestions?
    After KDE fully loads press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and then type what Stephen says above.

  6. #6
    I tried that, and I'm pretty sure I did the setup right (selecting a hard drive with mandrake 9.2 already installed, and attempting both Debian and Knoppix installation methoods) but when it went to the install thing it stopped and showed a bunch of text on the screen, basically what looked like a memory dump of the progress of the installation. Any reason this could be happenning?

Similar Threads

  1. Knopix 3.7 and WPC-54g v.2
    By Joshm in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 11:55 PM
  2. No OO in Knopix 3.3
    By dstarke in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:01 AM
  3. Knopix needs a VGA mode
    By krell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 12:30 AM
  4. knopix styling?
    By 99JSIMPS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 12:48 AM
  5. Knopix, spellchecker and CD-R
    By hoeful in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE picture

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE

$445.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD

$635.00



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD

$599.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis Empty Case SYS-7039A-I picture

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis Empty Case SYS-7039A-I

$94.00