-
Troubles booting Knoppix...
I have searched these forums but haven't found a solution to my problem yet, so I thought I'd post here.
I burned the CD and made a boot disk (as my cd-rom is incapable of booting), I run the boot disk which gets me into the Knoppix boot screen. Then, after the penguin image goes away I get what appears to be a screen that will output the actual OS init screen.
However, the first thing it says is 'isapnp checksum invalid for device 1 (0x23)' (or similar to that), which makes me a bit suspicious. Then, it says that it is looking for a cd-rom, and this is where it errors out saying 'Knoppix filesystem not found' and dumps me to the limited shell.
I've burned two different cds (the latest version of Knoppix, then 01-20-03 one, as well as the 01-03-03 one, or whichever was the second most recent...) and this problem has come up each time. I've got two drives, one a cd burner and the other a regular cd/dvd-rom. My machine is a Dell machine with not much in the way of changes from it's initial state from when I got it (new vid card and I've moved the cd burner to another machine and back again, but things all seem to be just fine as far as hardware goes).
So, if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. i'm a bit of a newb when it comes to Linux and stuff like this, but I am eager to give Knoppix a try.
Thanks for any help.
Similar Threads
-
By Bonden in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By catlord17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By Pelvis Resley in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By The_Martian in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 12:42 AM
-
By malic in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 09:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00