-
Senior Member
registered user
knoppix-installed as debian resolution
OK, now my whole lab at school is knoppix-installed as debian, but I can only get 800x600 res when I used to get 1024x768 from the liveCD with the boot string (cheat code): knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60. How do I fix the resolution.
TIA,
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is XF86Config-4 the same on hdd as it was from cd?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I tried that old trick. After the hdinstall, reboot liveCD with correct cheat codes and just copy XF86Config-4 from /etc/X11/ to /mnt/hda7/etc/X11. However this only worked for me when I knoppix-installed as knoppix, not as debian. If I do this on a debian box I get tons of X errors and no GUI....
-
Senior Member
registered user
"Which is worse no GUI or lowres GUI?", that is the question!
Regards,
Similar Threads
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By alert5 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-30-2003, 01:43 PM
-
By Miguel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00