-
Booting?
Hi there I have just finished burning V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso and when I go to boot it comes to a blue screen saying boot:
I then hit enter and all that happens then is I get tux in the top left hand coner and a flashing cursor?
Any help will be grealty apprecated.
Thanks alot
-
Junior Member
registered user
i am just a newb, and just booted for the first time tonight, but when that screen came up it took longer than i expected (i began to get nervous) if your machine is slow maybe try giving it a couple of minutes...by no means am i offering this with any claim of tech. knowledge, just noticed that earlier and thought there might be a small chance this is the case
-
instead of just hitting enter, type failsafe at the command. If it works, then you know it is having troubles with some of you hardware. you can then use the no {usb, firewire etc....} command to try find the problem. just a suggestion
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Booting?

Originally Posted by
Spam
Hi there I have just finished burning V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso and when I go to boot it comes to a blue screen saying boot:
I then hit enter and all that happens then is I get tux in the top left hand coner and a flashing cursor?
Any help will be grealty apprecated.
Thanks alot
Some information on what hardware you have in the machine would be nice. A couple of things to try in the mean time at the boot: prompt type in knoppix testcd to make sure you do not have a bad CD and just failsafe to boot with almost no hardware detection some other cheat codes you may want to have a look at and try.
Similar Threads
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10G Base SFP+ Transceivers 10-2415-03 w/ Holo
$16.98

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack
$299.00