I, like many others in IRC, look forward to trying this out when you guys can find somewhere to host it.
Hi,
Kano is working hard to make the last steps preparing Kanotix.
It will be a nice collection of programs based on Knoppix and Debian SID.
Who has an interest, have a look in our new forum
http://kanotix.mipooh.net
You will find several scripts and a 2.4.23 kernel to improve your Debian-type install on http://kano.mipooh.net
There are scripts also for running programs using the CD, better fromhd with persistant home.
Enjoy !
I, like many others in IRC, look forward to trying this out when you guys can find somewhere to host it.
Congratulations, Mr Kano nice job
Hey,Kano free lots megas
rm -rf /usr/share/doc/*
Don't listen to Prometeus, /usr/share/doc is helpfull and you'll lose all KDE help if you do that..
What exactly is kanotix for?
Also, I tried using some nvidia drivers from http://kano.mipooh.net but I didn't get the acceleration I had before (I reinstalled a knoppix-installer as knoppix 20030924 PC + fabianx' nvidia script to knoppix-installer as debian 20031119 PC + kano's nvidia script becuase fabianx' did not work anymore). Originally, I had gone from about 150 fps to 600 fps. Now I'm only getting only about 300 fps using the same hardware (Dell Dimension 4100 PIII/866 with Vanta nv card). How do I remedy this?
I tried to ask these questions on http://kanotix.mipooh.net but I can't login yet after my registration....
TIA,
AJG
Select someone helps,before delete...
It's just a highly customized version of Knoppix. It has all of Kano's addon stuff like ACPI and an updated version of XFree86 pre-installed. It's not really "for" anything specific...just a nice customization.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
![]()
20 Mb of (uncompressed) disk space can easily be gained by deleting all non-386/generic asm-* directories under /usr/src/linux/include. This at least is harmless.
(Sorry I've been too lazy to register on the kanotix forum yet, but the CD looks promising)

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70