-
Junior Member
registered user
Is my KNOPPIX CD correct?
I'd appreciate it if someone could verify what is on my KNOPPIX 3.3-2003-11-19 boot CD.
3 Directories
DEMOS 3.02 MB (1 directory + 3 files)
Knoppix 694 MB. (1 directory + 43 files)
Talks 2.54 MB ( 0 directories + 4 files)
4 Files
autorun,bat 54 KB
autorun.inf 45 KB
cdrom.iso 3.18 KB
index~18.htm 2.68 KB
I'm having a problem with doing a satisfactory HD installation of KNOPPIX 3.3-2003-11-19 and I suspect its because of the
boot CD. I'm new to my burner and Nero so I may have done something wrong.
If something is wrong with my listing, could someone show me what it should be?
The original downloaded disk's MD5 checks OK. Is there a way to check the MD5 for the individual directories and files?
-
What precisely is the problem?
What is the problem with the HD install. I have had problems with installing to Hard Drive, I seems that the Hard Drive install is different from the Live CD, some hardware could cause problems even if it works with the Live CD. P.S. I checked the sizes, everything seems fine.
Afew things that might indicate a problem: (Put the CD in a Windows machine)
-The .ico file does not appear correctly (file is in D:\)
-Autorun does not work and/or the batch files do not run properly (alos in D:\)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Is my KNOPPIX CD correct?

Originally Posted by
alex+
The original downloaded disk's MD5 checks OK. Is there a way to check the MD5 for the individual directories and files?
Type "knoppix testcd" at the boot prompt; the CD integrity will then be checked.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I managed to get a copy of the files that are supposed to be on the image CD and compared them to those on my CD and and as I suspected, mine are incorrect. (missing files) I made another CD using a different burner program and it works.
Thanks all.
Similar Threads
-
By altella2005 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
-
By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By el_supremo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 10:19 PM
-
By nmella in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$700.00

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Ruckus ICX7550-24F-E2, 24 ports of 1/10GbE SFP+ & 2 ports of 40/100GbE QSFP28
$8995.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Lot of 32 Cisco GLC-T 30-1410-03 1000BASE-T SFP Transceivers
$150.00