I just learned about Knoppix recently and I'm using version 3.3, 2003/11/19. I'm interested in using it to clone my hard drive from internal IDE to a USB 2.0 drive enclosure. I'm able to mount and use the USB 2.0 drive, but I'm measuring speeds of about 700kB/s (as opposed to about 48MB/s for the same drive connected on the internal IDE). So it appears that the USB 2.0 drive enclosure is running at USB 1.1 speed.
Does this version of Knoppix support USB 2.0? Are there extra commands that have to be issued to get the drives to come up at USB 2.0 speeds?
I'm using a Dell Dimension 4500 with BIOS version A04 and six integrated USB 2.0 ports onboard. I've tried this with legacy USB support enabled and disabled in the BIOS, with the same results. Is the USB 2.0 hardware on this Dell machine supported by Linux USB drivers?
Can someone point me to more information on Linux USB support and maybe a howto that describes steps I can take to debug this further to see what's going on?
Many thanks,
Mike

ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY
$359.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25