Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Kmenu>Internet>GAIM to use MSN chat?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    52

    Kmenu>Internet>GAIM to use MSN chat?

    I did not think I would be able to use MSN chat with Knoppix OS because is was microsoft, but I see I can.

    How does that work?
    I'm I using any microsoft programs when I use MSN this way?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    No, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft isn't going to port anything to linux anytime soon.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    It's quite simple really, GAIM is capable of handling msn, aol, jabber, & gadu-gadu protocols among others.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    52
    Interesting,
    I have so much to learn and think about now that I'm running a new OS.
    I may not be able to sleep tonight, or the next night

Similar Threads

  1. yahoo chat client
    By jester600 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 04:59 AM
  2. kmenu not updateing
    By voldemort in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 06:40 PM
  3. chat with sound & video
    By RNK in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 12:27 AM
  4. How Do I Chat Using Yahoo MSN msngr? Pl Tell
    By jamesmedline in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99