Hi MorskNorsk,

Are you sure that player cannot work with mp3
files that are not encrypted -- what a rip off.
Santa should be wiser about electonics.

There are may reasonably price mp3 devices and
the will all work with KNOPPIX. The ogg fromat
unfortunately does not not have as much support yet.

I listen to many hour of talking books. Some are
purchased and some I have ever generated with a
computer voice reading text from free books
on the internet.

I like burning the mp3 files to a CD and using an
mp3 CD player. One $.20 CD can have 10 hour
of talking.

My newest device is a USB stick drive with its
own lithium rechargable battery and built in mp3 player
and ear bud phones. It will carry mp3 files and at the same
time cary you data files. KNOPPIX will detect
it as /dev/sda1 as a vfat drive. Very cool.

Disadvantages: No visual readout of you files.
For a long book file fast fowarding to a certain
place is hard.

Tell you family it for listening to your course lectures
and notes -- Santa will be impressed.

I have even seen some like these is our discount
stores. I hate to advertise a certain brand but
this is what I have.

http://kanguru.com/micromp3.html

Best Wishes
paradocs