Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Xine got better from 3.1 to3.3

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30

    Xine got better from 3.1 to3.3

    Hello. How is everyone?

    I have had a debian only home network for some time now with both my home PC's running knoppix 3,1 hd install and my firewall box running a scaled down debian. Now at work I just convinced my boss to let me flush windows and I installed knoppix 3.3. Once the HD install was finished I noticed that the version of Xine that comes with 3.3 is able to handel all the various file formats while the version I run at home struggles with all but the simples avi's. For the rest I use kplayer/mplayer. This in itself is not a big deal but Xine is so much nicer than kplayer and I would love to upgrade the version at home so that it could be as powerfull as the one on knoppix 3.3

    Does anyone know how I can upgrade my version on xine on a hd install of knx 3.1 to the one used on 3.3. Keep in mind I already tried the apt-get method and even with the apt-get -t unstable install xine I get the you have the lates version responce.

    I thought it might just be the way the .xine config files now weight the codecs, as I installed the w32codec pack on all the machines, but when I copied the /home/user/.xine config files from one machine to another xine remained as bad at handeling media as ever. Any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Hmm. You might want to go to the Xine site or use google to look for some updated debs. You can also search for them at http://www.apt-get.org

    Other than that you can always try compiling it yourself.

Similar Threads

  1. WMA in xine
    By haitower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM
  2. OGM in Xine
    By dantheman10110 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:56 AM
  3. sound only with xine
    By Xwrapper3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:03 PM
  4. Xine problems...
    By Pydron in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 11:43 PM
  5. Cannot get Xine to work
    By chestnut in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 01:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99