-
Senior Member
registered user
Spydie,
The original idea you had, I did it.
I had Win98 on a 30gig HD, and
Knoppix on a 8gig HD, broken down to two partitions, /dev/hda1 was 7gig, and the swap was on /dev/hda5.
LILO was installed into the 8gig Knoppix HD - and I used the BIOS to switch between the 30gig and the 8gig boot.
Knoppix was even smart enough to realize that Windows was on my 30gig, and setup LILO to point to it, even though I just pointed the BIOS to the drives. This setup worked perfectly on my old system, a very old Gateway computer. My new system has Knoppix/Debian ONLY running on it.
Cuddles
[ps] Spydie, I am doing the HAPPY DANCE - I got the new computer working, w/ hardware modem, and my new systems unstable problem was due to incompatable memory. I also got the issues that I had with the old system - accounts not being Root couldn't get web pages up, the new system is now running perfectly - Root can get online, and get to the web, but also any other user account can do the same.
Similar Threads
-
By Thangor in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:47 AM
-
By sala94 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
-
By pvalley in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 06:07 AM
-
By Troym in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack
$500.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$200.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00