-
Filesystem troubles
Hey everyone, this is my first post here! 
I'm semi experienced with linux and have been messing around with knoppix lately and since I've been home sick lately I've decieded I am going to try to do a install to my "linux beast"
The computer that I am trying to install on is a P166MMX, 128 MB RAM, 4.3 GB HD.
I was able to get the HD partitions set up how I wanted but when I go to choose a filesystem I pick what I want (anything but EXT2), it sets it up correctly and then gives me the little message that its about to copy stuff over. I tell it to continue and then it says that it can't mount the drive because ext3, ReiserFS, or XFS (what ever I chose on that attempt) is not supported by my kernel.
While loading initially I boot into level 2. On the screen it complains about a bunch of things, one of them about 2.4.22-xfs not found. And then theres some openMOSIX complaining that goes on about the computer asking if its an open mosix kernel or not.
I am using clusterKNOPPIX, so it is slightly different but I couldn't find a board for that specifically so I was hoping someone here could be of some help.
Thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By catlord17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By DusteD in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
-
By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By GreenShirt in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 1U Rack Server — Xeon E3-1265L v3 / 16GB ECC DDR3 / Quad Intel GbE
$180.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack
$500.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99