Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: problem to add new shared libraries!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    problem to add new shared libraries!

    Hello!
    I have programmed a tool under Suse Linux 8.2 and I want to try it running under Knoppix 3.3, but there was a Problem with shared libraries, which could not be found. That is OK. But I was not able to install them to Knoppix.

    Now my Question, how can I install new libraries to Knoppix?

    the main problem is that everything important (I mean the libraries-direcories or the /etc/ld.so.conf-file) comes from the Knoppix-CD and that is why I can't modify this.

    Please, I need help!

    Greetings skontox

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    You'll have to install knoppix to a hard drive or remaster the CD in order to add content. It's also possible to temporarily install some things to the ramdisk by writing a script to download and compile the source and direct it to install into the ramdisk.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3
    Thank you for your answer!
    But I think thats to hard for me.
    Maybe you can tell me how I add a new library-directory into the file /etc/ld.so.conf?
    I know that this file is on CD but maybe there exist a easy solution doing this.

    Greetings skontox

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by skontox
    Thank you for your answer!
    But I think thats to hard for me.
    Maybe you can tell me how I add a new library-directory into the file /etc/ld.so.conf?
    I know that this file is on CD but maybe there exist a easy solution doing this.

    Greetings skontox
    Don't know if it will work but you can try making a directory in the ramdrive and copying the libraries that you need there and then edit the /etc/ld.so.conf (sudo vi /etc/ld.so.conf) and the path to the libraries and then sudo /sbin/ldconfig and see if it will pick up the new libraries.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for yor answer.

    But it does not help. The problem is that the file: /etc/ld.so.conf is directly connected to the Knoppix-CD. That means that I'm not able to modify this file. I'm only allowed to read, whether I'm a normal user or super user! Thats very bad! ;-(

    I tried also to set the Variable: LD_LIBRARY_PATH with a new directory like "/ramdisk/lib"
    and copy there my libraries in, but it does not work either!

    Greetings skontox

Similar Threads

  1. Installing software libraries (not using apt-get?)
    By Kierano in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:17 AM
  2. Adding libraries
    By Bob_Foster in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:27 AM
  3. QT libraries ?!?!
    By smarchand291 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 11:58 PM
  4. Kiosk Knoppix for public libraries.
    By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM
  5. igmorance shared
    By senorian in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module picture

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module

$66.31



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99