go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
I have an ATI Radeon 9000 that is detected by knoppix at boot, however, when I go to the video card settings in the 'control center' I see that the video card is set to 'generic fbdev' (and DVD's play badly with the generic settings).
The only options I have in control center are ATI Radeo QD, QE, QF, and QG. Which of these is the Radeon 9000? None work when I boot with the settings fb1024x768 knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
What am I doing wrong?
-dave
go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
Try booting with the cheatcode xmodule=radeon
I just got a driver and it won't install
You can't easily install the driver if you're running from CD, you'd have to install the OS to your hard drive.

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
MCSI IND-486DX Industrial ISA SBC PC/104 Motherboard NOS Untested No CPU RAM
$189.99