Quote Originally Posted by aratux
What about adding support for the Arabic language too ?
We as Arab users, don't have Arabic fonts installed on KNOPPIX ??
Here is a link for a bug report where I have submitted a link to GPLed Arabic fonts.

http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=345

Also, what about enabling the Arabic language in OpenOffice ??
It won't cost space, and will help Arabic users greatly.


Regards
Mohamed Eldesoky
Linux-Egypt

I second to this recommendation.

It seems that Open Office for Windows already have this support for right to left written languages.

I have also written to Mr. Knopper to add Urdu Keyboard (i.e. Pakistani Language), as it is spoken by 295 million people (of Pakisatan and India).

Nevertheless, I don't know any font which support Urdu completely for Linux. (Urdu has 6 more alphabets than Arabic).

At moment, only Helvitica and ClearlyU font seems to give partial support to Arabic/Persian/Urdu language.

Regards.