-
installing on Compaq Armada 1580
Yeah, I know, this is old, but I wanted to play with Knoppix and this is what I have right now.
Compaq Armada 1580DMT notebook. It only has 32 MB RAM, so that might be my main problem.
The harddrive is partitioned into 2, and Knoppix tells me there is not enough space for the swap file. This must be referring to the 2nd partition which is only 27 MBs, because the first one has a lot of room.
I can pass vga=normal screen=640v480 xvrefresh=60 and it will come up, almost. After seeing the blue Kloppix background, I get a gray screen with and X in the middle and everything else seems to hang.
My main question is I am ok with installing this to the HD, if it will run. If it won't because of the 32 MB issue, I will punt and stay with, bite your tongue, m$ 98.
Similar Threads
-
By Oasis in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 11:46 AM
-
By jndixon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By bob59 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By Miki_V6 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 01:43 PM
-
By konik134 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00