Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Patition resize error

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Patition resize error

    I resized a ReiserFS partition to 1 GB via QTParter and then I Ghosted it to a new PC. When I boot Knoppix on the Ghosted PC it displays numerous errors on boot.

    Any ideas on how to update the "hardware database" via the boot prompt? Any other ideas and suggestions are welcome!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    It's fixed!

    It's fixed! I managed to solve a complex Linux problem outside of this forum and I'm so happy
    The solution was to edit /etc/lilo.conf on the orginal PC where I disabled support for harddisks over 2 GB. Then I Ghosted the other PC with the new image. Voila!

Similar Threads

  1. fluxbox: no resize grips
    By Gencho in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:38 AM
  2. Resize with QTparted....
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:32 AM
  3. Resize and rotate.
    By Slay3r in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 04:35 AM
  4. Resize support
    By pucko in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 10:46 AM
  5. hddinstall with patition magic?
    By THiM in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72