If I remember correctly, someone was attempting to work on this very project, but I can't remember for certain, check the page that lists all of the Knoppix viarants... it is on this very site.
Hello All,
By no means do i know a lot about linux.I've only tried out knoppix and it
blew me away.Even saw my mac keyboard!I use a lot of virtual instruments and I was wondering if it would be possible to make a linux live cd you put in the drive,hook up a midi keyboard(USB or otherwise)
click an icon on the screen and you are playing a synth.You can click
on others to get loop players,media player so you can play tracks and jam over it.Virtual guitar amp would be jaw dropping,maybe a qwerty to MIDI driver.Just by putting in the cd.I noticed a lot of audio software for linux all over the web.Don't even know if its possible.Thanks for reading a newbies post and thanks to the knoppix guy and gals.![]()
If I remember correctly, someone was attempting to work on this very project, but I can't remember for certain, check the page that lists all of the Knoppix viarants... it is on this very site.
Dear zentu,I could not find the knoppix version you mentioned.
Could you please post me a link?
thank you
Did you look through all these?
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...Customizations
Thanks Zentu,looked through that and Distrowatch as well but no linux live cd for music making yet.This is an example: http://www.bitmechanic.com/projects/freebirth/ or gTick(a small metronome application), http://www.pawfal.org/SpiralLoops/ looks like a blast.
Have fun all and thanks!

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
SolarFlare XtremeScale X2522-25G-PLUS Dual Port 25G SFP28 PCI-E 3.1 x8 NIC FH LP
$899.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99