Quote Originally Posted by dave_sussex
Latest Progress:-
I cannot create an entry in /etc/hosts to create a location address without remastering. Is there anyway to spoof this? .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been working on a similar project. I've found that tou can use a script named knoppix.sh to overwrite files and directories on startup. I've created some static files on my HD for this purpose and used the knoppix.sh to copy over the links/actual files. It will not require a remaster but it will require making the knoppix.sh file, making it executable and then put the knoppix.sh in the KNOPPIX directory of the CD ROM - which can be done by mounting the ISO, copying the knoppix.sh file and then rewriting the ISO to a new CD. You could even do it in Windows

Mine is something like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# name knoppix.sh
mkdir /mnt/hda1
mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
cp -f /mnt/hda1/etc2/hosts /etc
Remember the knoppix.sh must go into the KNOPPIX directory to run at boot time. Adjust the spec of the above example to fit your situation.