-
How does Alt-Ctl-F1 really work, down deep?
I have been working on a 'kiosk' type application. I want no user logins (for security reasons), but need the alternate TTYs.
1) replace the bash shells on tty2-5 with 'stty onlret' for proper \n handling.
2) in rcx.d start 'appX > /dev/tty2', 'appY >/dev/tty3' ...
3) remove shell on tty1
Now the Ctl-Alt-Fx stops working. I assume that there must be someone requesting keyboard input to keep the keyboard active.
Where does the C-A-Fx processing take place in the stack between the bios kbd reader/kernel module/application?
Can I just start a process that sucks in keypresses to keep the kbd stack alive? "cat /dev/tty1 | /dev/null" (or something like that)?
Can I write an application that reads the keyboard directly, without concern of which tty is active? I didn't find a generic /dev/kbd.
BillS
Similar Threads
-
By RedCharlie in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:32 AM
-
By Liquidant in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 06:15 AM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00