Dear all,
Problem: Machine freezes in the mid-way of data transfer thru network. It doesn't occur immediately, that I can do a little a few Megabytes of transfer before it hangs, regardless of what type of transfer I use. It hangs even when I surf the web, when I transfer file from another home computer to this computer thru http (with moziller, Konqueror and even lynx), ftp as well as samba. Usually I cannot transfer files that is too large (er... about 10M)... And yet I discover that somehow if I boot the machine with "noswap" option and keep the harddisks read-only, the hang time is somehow postponed (but it still hangs after, say 30M of transfer) Usually, when it hangs, the harddisk light is on but everthing frozen. Does anybody have similar problem before? Please find below my descriptions about my software and hardware used.
Knoppix version: 3.3-2003-11-19
Computer I use: IBM thinkpad 600
Network card: 3Com 3C460 (it is a USB Ethernet card and it is detected by knoppix correctly and I can configure it such that I can surf the web properly.)
Router I use: Linksys BEFSR41
As I am not yet sure about what causes the problem and don't know how to check it I decide to post here first. Should there be any more suitable boards (hardware? network? laptop) to post please let me know.
Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
Regards,
kwx

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99