-
Change user and desktop environment
Well after a couple of days serching on the net which came up with no answers, I just had to ask (I'm sure I was using the wrong keywords but don't know any better): I've installed Knoppix on my HD the hard way (only later did I realize that hdinstall was on the CD). The problem is I can't get the append options to work, and I can't change window managers (where I'd sometimes only like to use the console but it starts KDE ends KDE).
Note that *can't* refers to my lack of knowledge and experience, and not a problem with the system.
I'd appretiate any and all pointers, advice etc.
Similar Threads
-
By el_supremo in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 02:17 AM
-
By your_raj in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 12:02 PM
-
By zxc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 01:02 AM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By Guest in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 983 DCT 1.92TB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD SED MZ-QLB1T9
$300.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00