rhpot1991,

I have Knoppix 3.3 HD Installed on my machine, and have created icons, plus the icons supplied during the installation, on my desktop screen.

All of my CDROM and Floppy Icons are pointing to /mnt/... properties...

I think they have to, because the devices don't always have media in them, so, they can't always be mounted, not like a hard drive, which is static.

Are your /mnt/... properties pointing to the "physical" devices? i.e. I have two cdroms, one is a rewrite, and the other is a dvd device. The DVD is reported during boot as being cdrom, and the rewrite is cdrom1 - then Knoppix creates symbols to these for DVD and CDAUDIO, but the "physical" devices are on cdrom and cdrom1 - that is where my icons point to...

DVD = /mnt/cdrom
CDRW = /mnt/cdrom1

Does this help? (at least its a start, if not correct)
Cuddles