Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: burn cds in knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    burn cds in knoppix

    i have knoppix installed on my hd is there a program I can use to burn cds with it ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    You can use k3b or xcdroast. You should run them as root the first time so that they can be set up to allow a user to run them. As root in a terminal, just type "k3b" or "xcdroast" to run. Of course if they are not installed, install with apt-get (apt-get install k3b)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3
    thanks a lot !

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    While on the subject - forgive me, I haven't had the chance to fire up k3b yet, with all the apt-gets and upgrades I've been doing to get new system happy...

    But, having a CD-RW, does k3b have options for re-writting? And, one last Q -=- Can it work on both data CD's, as well as burning audio cd's?

    Thanks, I have been wondering during all the work I've been doing, but haven't had the opportunity to work on the smaller things - like even finding out if my CD-RW even works. Shesh

    Cuddles
    [we now return you to your original bandwidth, already in progress]

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles
    While on the subject - forgive me, I haven't had the chance to fire up k3b yet, with all the apt-gets and upgrades I've been doing to get new system happy...

    But, having a CD-RW, does k3b have options for re-writting? And, one last Q -=- Can it work on both data CD's, as well as burning audio cd's?

    Thanks, I have been wondering during all the work I've been doing, but haven't had the opportunity to work on the smaller things - like even finding out if my CD-RW even works. Shesh

    Cuddles
    [we now return you to your original bandwidth, already in progress]
    It can do all that no problem it will even automatically erase the CD/DVD -+RW and you will really like the burning of audio CD's on the fly (at least I do), drag'n'drop the files in the project area see how much time you have left on the CD and press burn and select your speed and watch it go.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Cool

    I have so much to learn in Knoppix/Debian, and so little time. I have been having so much fun just getting and setting up new screensavers and games - can you tell where my "priorities" are here? [giggle]

    I've been using Debian, from a HD Install of Knoppix, for just over four weeks now, and STILL have a lot of things I need to learn... [what does this do? Ooops, don't use that! what does this do? Ohhhh, thats neat! what does this do? Hmmmm, nice, I like it, store that for future use! stuff]

    I'm like a kid in a candy store, with an all expenses paid account Wooooo-Hoooooo [lol]
    Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. How do I burn Knoppix
    By Warwizard in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 06:06 PM
  2. burn baby burn!
    By tup34 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
  3. Knoppix will not burn
    By Brujah_prime1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 10:29 PM
  4. How do i burn knoppix??
    By mikelaw101 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:11 PM
  5. how to burn knoppix
    By mann in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350 picture

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350

$325.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99