-
Junior Member
registered user
Lost power! Now users are locked out.
I've installed Knoppix to the hard drive -- and I'd just gotten my wife convinced that Linux wasn't so bad. In fact, she just beat level 100 on Frozen Bubble, her "killer app".
I was adjusting my Knoppix box's date/time settings, and I think I had just hit "ok" when poof! The circuit breaker tripped and I lost power.
When I brought the box back up, fsck reported problems that couldn't be fixed automatically. I'm a newbie, so I did what it said -- ran fsck without any options and answered "y" to all the errors it reported. I had to do this twice before Linux would stop complaining.
Now, root works fine, but all other logins appear to be out of commission.
I'm running KDE, and when I log in as anything but root, the system grinds around for a while and then goes right back to the login selection dialog. I even created a new user... same result.
Any suggestions for getting back the lost users? I'd rather the rest of the family not log in as root to play Frozen Bubble...
Similar Threads
-
By cookingout in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
-
By finder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
-
By yadwin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00