-
I have a thinkpad 600E here and the only module that ever gave me sound was to use the soundblaster pro one. That was the case with any distribution and even then I got problems - no sound after suspend/standby and any PCMCIA activity caused major buzzing from the sound system.
Part of the problem, as I understand it from speaking to IBM on several occasions and also SuSE, is that IBM had different revisions to what was nominally the same sound system. This causes real headaches for getting sound to work - I'm not sure why these problems have so much effect on linux where Windows sound generally worked (although far from perfectly).
I had tried the OSSfree and ALSA systems and with various distributions (Redhat, SuSE, mandrake, Knoppix) without any luck. In the end, I gave up with the idea of sound under linux and simply pretended the machine had no sound functionality at all.
Similar Threads
-
By rec9140 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By rwcitek in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By iansoutar in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By kevin05jan in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 05:44 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99