Just a potential bug report here.
I did my first ever hdd install a couple of days ago and picked the wrong how-to up and used the older knx-install (or whatever) instead of the newer knoppix-installer.
Still, everything proceded fine.
I was really impressed the machines quite fussy anyway (shuttle fn41G with nforce chipset)
Anyway after messing up the install trying to get K3B>10. installed and messing up KDE (but i had to try hard to wreck it) I repeated the instal last night.
Having hung out here a few days I was aware of the never install script so gave it a go.
Basically I left my 2x USB mass storage devices plugged in.
This caused a prob with writing the MBR and somehow I was left with no initrd
I repeated it twice, same result then unplugged the uwsb devs and tried again. Third time perfect.
Just a heads up and perhaps a suggestion to be able to just redo the MBR from the installer.

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99