-
Machine asks for cd at logon screen
I downloaded the file from the Knoppix mirror onto my desktop but deleted it after finding out my friend already had it on cd. Now when I load my Windows XP at the logon screen where you select your user a screen comes up asking for a cd in a certain drive and to retry, cancel, or continue. Cancel and continue do nothing and retry just reads the drive again. I looked all over my computer but can find whats making it load up like that. Any help that can be provided I would greatly greatly greatly apreciate it. Thank you
-
Senior Member
registered user
This looks like a Windows error!
All I can suggest is a cold reset. That's to say, close down windows, turn off the computer, unplug the power, and try again in 5 minutes.
If that fails, you really should try a Windows forum -- there are plenty around, and I can't see that downloading Knoppix could have caused this.
Similar Threads
-
By philhu in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 03:21 PM
-
By Eradicator in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By oscar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 10:56 PM
-
By BlueIce in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-15-2003, 05:56 AM
-
By mnomn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$81.39

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00