-
Senior Member
registered user
Stephen, first of all, thanks for the response... Now for the questions....
I shouldn't need to add the system files, I don't want to boot it, I just want to have a "native" DOS partition to use for my "finiky" program. All I want on the partition is a DOS format, and its format structure. My thinking on my DOS program is that it is "somehow" finding something wrong with the files being "translated" or "emulated" from a Linux OS over to DOS, I am hopeing that by setting up a DOS file system for the program, it will run in DosBox, or DOSEmu, etc... In DosBox it just froze at the initialization processing of the program.
Do I need to set the partition to active? I already have my Linux partition set to active, pardon my stupidity, especially if this is a real SIMPLE question, but, what "exactly" does the active do? and worse yet, can you have more than one active on a single hard drive? ( I know, its probably a very simple/stupid question, hey, can ya tell I'm a long standing Windows USER??? (ha ha ha)
)
Lastly, drive C: ??? Here is my drive maping, as it stands now:
Primary - Linux partition - active - boot - 39gig
Primary - Win9x FAT32 (LBA) - 1.7+/- gig
Primary - Linux Swap - 500meg
I did go into fdisk, and it shows NON-DOS on the first partition, DOS on second, and NON-DOS on the third.
Considering I used only cfdisk to do all of this, does fdisk need to get involved in this? Will doing a Format C: perform the format ONLY on the DOS (or second) partition? I'd hate to screw up my Linux after all of this work?
Thanks for all the help, 
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By GStoll in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:02 AM
-
By ckassab in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 03:47 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:31 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 03:48 PM
-
By koolmoose in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65