I would like to know how to set up and use WOL on knoppix and windows 2000 . I have knoppix 3.2 that i am using as a server and i would like to know how to set it up.
I would like to know how to set up and use WOL on knoppix and windows 2000 . I have knoppix 3.2 that i am using as a server and i would like to know how to set it up.
The WOL has nothing to do with your OS .
All the magic happens before.
The trick is to send a broadcast signal into your LAN.
(these exsist in various ways and types,depending on you NIC)
Following pre-requisites are needed :
-Motherboard must have WOL connector (or integrated NIC ,which can receive WOL packages)
If so network card must be connect with a cable to this connector.
-BIOS must be able to monitor NIC card activity. If so enable it.
-HUB,ROUTER or SWITCH must permit this broadcast signal. Else it won't arrive at your NIC.
-Software to run from a client to the destination,which does the broadcast signal.
Once you got all this info,google around a bit and you got your WOL working in 1,2,3 .![]()
hope this'll helps...
K.
Don't give them the fish... teach them to fish and they'll never starve again ....
The main purpose I'd see is bootable clusters!!! [Well, Ok the real purpose is so that Administrators can service a whole office of PCs from one desk]....but it would also work for making nighttime clusters using knoppix without the hassle of booting a dozen PCs.

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00