-
Knoppix v3.3 problems
Hi
I have got Knoppix to try on machine before I install Redhat 9. I put it in and got the following apart from on one ocassion.
Knoppix version 3.3
release 2..3-11-19-beta
Loading vmlinuz
loading miniroot.gz
Then picture of penguin
Then
accessing knoppix cdrom at /dev/scd0…
The first time and all subsequent times apart from once, the screen scrolls past with and the last screen beginnings and ends with
total memory found: kb
creating directories – symlinks on ramdisk
fat: bogus logical sector size 0
kenal panic:vfs: unable to mount root fs on 01:01
On one occasion it said
total memory found: 65..kb
I can’t remember what I saw, but it filled in a number. And then it appeared that my hardware was been detected I remember my usb coming up, then there was a green bar which moved across the screen.
I was getting all excited and then scrolls past with
cloop: Read error at pos 238321691 in file /cdrom/knoppix/knoppix, 25851 bytes lost
cloop error –3 uncompressing block 10188 65536/0/25851/0
i/o error: dev 0b:00 sector 466572
Then down the bottom
init: cannot execute “/etc/init.d/xsession”
The screens go by so fast, I am unable to give you all the error messages. If anyone knows how to do it I would be grateful?
I have since got a couple of friends to try it, and it has worked on their machines, so I don't think it is the disk. Would it be my memory as no number comes up?
Any help gratefully received.
Similar Threads
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-24-2005, 07:43 AM
-
By dovla in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 10:05 PM
-
By gtrshop in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 04:15 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By pbearseven in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$81.39

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00