Now with the new functionality of kernel 2.6, do you know of any packages (present, or under development) that can make a CD-rw as easy to use as a floppy ?
Just curious (I am not getting my hopes up though)
--
Now with the new functionality of kernel 2.6, do you know of any packages (present, or under development) that can make a CD-rw as easy to use as a floppy ?
Just curious (I am not getting my hopes up though)
--
I don't know of any such software. I'm not sure I'd use it though even if i did. Maybe I'm biased from my experience with packet writng on windows, but I've never found it that reliable. I've always gotten better results by blanking the whole disk. Maybe it will prove more reliable under linux, but I'm inclined to think that the media itself may do better after a clean erase.

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro X10DRU-i 2U 12LFF 2x E5-2680 v4 128gb Ram 480gb SSD 2x Nvidia K80
$749.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99